Monday, May 5, 2014

Stuck in a runt

I didn't post last week because I didn't have anything nice to say. I've really been struggling with my eating lately. I feel like I did when I first started loosing weight. I know I'm still making better choices than I did then but I'm still not being as good as I should. I'm taking second helpings more often now and we've eaten out a lot more too lately. I really need to get myself back on track but I'm having such a hard time getting out of this rut.

I weighed myself the other day...I weigh 161.5 lbs. So not cool! I've been over 160 for a couple months now. I know if I was better about what I ate I'd get below 160 pretty quick but that's the problem. I haven't been able to make myself be better about what I eat. I just eat and don't think about it. That's not good. Or I'll start the day out great, get all the way through doing great and then eat a ton right before dinner. All bad habits from before that I never got in check I guess. I need to do something, figure something out soon. It's really depressing me that I can't get my eating under control. It means I'm not in control of me...which I hate!!

I've been using My Fitness Pal lately to write down what I eat instead of Weight Watchers. I just didn't want to pay for WW anymore and wanted to try something different. I like this site and think if I was really good about following it and staying under what they say I could lose weight. I'm not good about sticking to it though; I go over my allotted calories almost every day. I'm getting use to counting calories too instead of figuring out points. It is easier to just count calories but I'm also getting use to counting them for veggies and fruits too. That's something new. I've also been watching my sodium intake (which it also tracks). I go over by a lot every single day. That's something I should probably get better at and then I wouldn't feel so bloated all the time.
******
Today was my LR. Well it was supposed to be Saturday but Friday night Kim said he'd like to go running with me Saturday morning. He said he'd like to try running at the high school track and we could take Leah with her new bicycle. I was so excited to have them both come with me so I said sure. I knew I couldn't do 6 miles (what my LR was supposed to be) on a track (that would be 24 laps) so I decided to switch Monday and Saturday. Saturday I did 3.5 miles and today I did 6.

Leah ended up doing really great at the track. She road her bike around probably a mile or more.  She was so red faced and tired when she finished! She had to go to the bathroom about half way through. Kim had walk/run  1.5 miles and was about done so he took Leah around the outside of the school to find an open door. There were cars in the parking lot so he knew he'd be able to get her inside somewhere. I kept running while they went around. When they came back I only had 2 more laps so Kim took Leah up the stairs of the stands to give her something to do while I finished. The last half of my last lap I ran as fast as I could (without falling). It felt amazing while I was doing it but I could only do it for that short time and I wanted to fall on the ground when I was done! But it felt good while I was doing it

Today I set out to do my 6 miles and knew it was going to be bad. Leah was at the gym daycare so I could run around Salem. I figured there wouldn't be as many hills. I mapped something out on my Nook and then started running. The main problem was it was really windy today. And on top of that it was 65 degrees by 9am. So when the wind wasn't in my face pushing against me then the sun was beating down on my face. I had to walk 3 separate times which really ticked me off. But I tried to make them as short as possible. I ended up doing 5.85 miles in 62 minutes-about a 10:30 mile. Last year I would have been happy with my run but this year I was pretty down about it.

As I was running I was thinking about how bad this run was and how great my 5 miler last week felt. And last week's LR was in the rain! And a lot of uphills! But for some reason it was an amazing run. I did the whole thing without stopping with a time of about 9:40 a mile. I felt crazy running in the rain but was so glad I'd done it when I finished. Today when I was running I just wanted to be done. I hated it. I had no energy. Everything bothered me. I felt like I couldn't go another step and I wanted to walk the whole thing. I tried to remind myself that I have bad runs and good runs. Today was a bad one, last time was a good one. Next week may be great or it could be awful. I don't know. But I try to remind myself I'll have a good one again one of these days.

I just keep trying to remind myself where I was last year at this time with running. Or even were I was 2 years ago at this time with running. I know I've made progress; I just need to remember that when I'm struggling to finish 1 straight mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment