Sunday, February 2, 2014

New shoes

Exercise for the week:
Mon: CrossFit  43 mins
Tues: CrossFit  35 mins
Wed: Insanity Core Cardio & Balance (37 mins)
Thurs: Insanity Core Cardio & Balance (37 mins)
Fri: CrossFit 37 mins
Sat & Sun: Rest

I was much better with my food choices this week then I have been in a long time. I kept within my WW points each day and actually logged all of my meals all week. And I saw a difference in the numbers on the scale. I hate being so fixated on the numbers but I really want to be able to make my weigh in with my work weight loss program on March 10th. If I can weigh in around the same weight I was on Sept 10th I get a $100 maintenance check...which I need for new running shoes! Sad little circle of life huh. I'm not that far from that magic number but even a couple pounds are hard to loose when you aren't in control of your eating.

But I just keep reminding myself how much I need those new shoes. If I don't get that check I'll have to pay for them myself and that will hurt...bad! I hate paying full price for things. I'm more of a sale or second-hand store kind of person. Most of my clothes now are either from DI (a second hand store) or ones I'd kept from when I lost weight about 8 years ago. My running shoes that I have now Kim bought me for Mother's Day from Costco last year. They're great shoes and more than I'd ever spent on shoes: about $45. Well once I started training for my half and running longer than about 5 or 6 miles I ended up needing inserts for my shoes (since I didn't want to buy another pair of shoes). Crazy thing was I spent as much on the inserts as Kim did on the shoes. So really, I should have just bought an expensive pair from the beginning. But if you know anything about me you know I like to do things the hard way.

Thursday I was planning on going to Spin class but when I woke up and saw that it had snowed I decided to stay home. I'm not big on driving in the snow and I'm really not big on driving in snow with icy roads. If I don't feel like I'll be able to make it home from the gym in the morning I won't go. The roads up to my house are kind of steep; especially when they're icy or snowy. So I decided to stay home and do the Insanity DVD again. I was actually excited about it once I knew I was staying home. Dallin and I had did it the morning before and it was a great workout. I wanted to maybe make it further the 2nd time than I had the 1st. It was a ton of core work and I really like that. I did make it further the 2nd time but still had to stop before I was supposed to.

On Friday I wore a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear in about a month. It felt good. I know that extra running, that extra watching what I eat and maybe even the little change in my week's workout schedule is helping. It felt good because I like knowing I'd lost a little. But it also made me feel good because it showed me that I could have a bad month and get back on track. That everything I learned wasn't tossed to the side. That's a big deal to me. 5 months of maintenance....that's the longest I've ever gone. I think I'll pat myself on the back a little for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment