Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Veggie

I haven't been as good about cooking ahead of time lately. I got really burnt out on cooking so much all in one day and haven't looked forward to doing it again. I need to do it again though because I'm not as good about what I eat if I don't plan ahead.

I threw some boneless pork ribs in the crock-pot the other night with some BBQ sauce. When it was done there was a little bit of sauce so I made some noodles to go with it. I didn't want to eat a bunch of noodles and pork so I decided to make roasted of veggies. At an Ashby family dinner last year Kim's sister made Roasted Carrots. We fell in love with them and made them for our boys one dinner. All the boys like them and Leah even ate them. Then during the summer I found this recipe. They were amazing!! Kim and I devoured them like candy! After that we realized you could probably do that with an veggie...so we've tried. We use just enough olive oil to cover the veggies and then add whatever herbs sound good with that veggie and then me roast them in the oven. I haven't found one I dislike yet. Last week for my family's family dinner my mom made roasted sweet potatoes. I HATE sweet potatoes-never liked them. But those...roasted...I love them! This is my go to way to make veggies.

Another way I get my family to eat veggies lately...? Veggie straws. They're like chips but they're shaped like straws and are vegetable flavors (spinach, sweet potato, etc). I love them and most of my family does too. Leah will eat them like chips which is what I like about them. Costco had them on sale this last month so I bought a bag. I find myself eating them quite a bit.

I need to find something healthy to eat since I've been eating out a lot lately. It's because I didn't cook meals ahead. Boy that's makes such a huge difference with how healthy I eat! I need to buy some quinoa so I can make some recipes with that. Plus I need to buy some more bagged salad and fat free Italian dressing. Those were staples for me last year. I always had salad around. It's nice to eat when I don't know what I want but need to eat healthy. Oh and apples. I LOVE apples. They're like candy to me. Hard to believe. I mean I've always liked apples but now I love them. Actually love them. A good crisp, juicy apple is the best!

Oh before I forget here was today's workout:
3 Rounds
Row 500 m
30 sec plank
30 sit ups
green mile
10 thrusters (35lbs)
15 front squats (35lbs)
Run 800 m

Took me about 30 minutes (stopped to talk to someone for a minute so I didn't get a real time). When I run now, no matter what, I put my incline at least 1%. I can tell a difference.

Oh and I ran a mile afterwards. I'm trying to run a mile after every crossfit workout no matter what. Tomorrow...Insanity. It was awful last week. I'm looking forward to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment