Sunday, February 9, 2014

Finally fresh air!

This week has been pretty busy at work and seemed pretty hectic at home. So because of that I didn't have as much of a desire to eat everything in sight! Well I did a couple times but for the most part I was OK. I really stuck with the WW plan all week. I didn't go above my allotted points by more than 4-5 points a day...which is fine since I have 35 extra a week. So all in all my food choices were pretty good; or better than it has been. I was much better about making my lunch ahead of time and sticking to it once I got to work. I also made sure I had enough 0 or 1 pt hot cocoa at work. I like to have that when I want something chocolatey. It hits the spot!

I didn't cook a whole bunch this week but what I made had a lot of leftovers so it worked. My boys really liked the Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps. You could make it with ground turkey instead of ground beef to make it a little healthier. I just liked that idea of making my family a "hamburger" that I had control of what was going inside. I used the smaller tortillas (soft taco size) and felt like I was making them forever! Everyone had 2; so if I would have bought the larger tortillas I think 1 for each person would have been enough. They're very filling. I used our George Foreman Grill and it worked perfect. I left them in about 4 mins. Using the smaller tortillas I could fit 2 on the grill...but then I had to remember which wrap belonged to which person. Some wraps had different ingredients or condiments than others. Some liked onions, some didn't, some liked Sriracha sauce, others just wanted mustard & ketchup. Dallin was my helper with that-he had to keep track of what was what.

I really liked the other recipe I made this week. I'm a big pasta person so if it had pasta in it I usually like it but this one felt a little "fresher"...not so heavy. Which can happen some times with pasta. It was Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore. I loved the green and red peppers in it. They add some great flavor. One thing I usually do before I make a new recipe it go through the comments to see what worked and didn't work for others. What I read with this one is that the time on the recipe may be a little long. I wanted the chicken to cook but I also wanted the peppers to have a little crunch in them so I knew I had to change the time on the recipe some. My chicken wasn't frozen so I knew putting the crock pot on high for 4-5 hours would be more than enough time to cook the chicken. The peppers were perfect. The only thing Kim said it he wished it was a little thicker...like marinara sauce. It was a little watery...but maybe that's why it tasted lighter. I liked it. I think next time I may even add a little red pepper flakes; just enough to add a little spice but not burn your mouth.

Exercise this week:

Mon: Crossfit 28 mins/Run 10 mins
Tues: Insanity Core & Balance
Wed: 3 short 10 mins videos
Thurs: Crossfit 41 mins
Fri: P90X Ab Ripper 10 min video
Sat: Run 30 mins

This week was all over the place with my workouts. On Wednesday I did 3 short videos at home instead of going to the gym. One of them was the P90X Ab Ripper video. It's only 10 mins long but my goodness it hurt!! I did a couple other quick ones just because 10 mins didn't feel like enough. The next day at CrossFit we did a ton of ab stuff so I was dying! In the workout there were 100 sit ups, 5 one min planks and a mile of running. I felt it in my core that was sure! The rest of the day too! Friday it was supposed to snow in the morning so Dallin and I decided just to stay home and do the 10 min ab video. It ended up not snowing at all but it felt nice to sleep in.

On Saturday I set my alarm to get up and go to Spin class but when it went off I decided to just sleep. I thought about going for a run later in the day since it was just supposed to rain but it was really cold in the morning. When I put Leah down for a nap that afternoon I decided to go to the gym for a quick 30 min run on the treadmill. It was still cold outside but when I got to the gym and was walking in I decided it wasn't too cold to run outside; I would warm up quickly. And I did. I started out with gloves on but had to take them off halfway through my run because I was so warm. It felt great to be outside again. It was only lightly sprinkling with was fine because it wasn't a cold rain.

I love running and I love running outside even more but that doesn't mean I don't hate it too. Usually the first few minutes I feel great but then it that beginning euphoria wears off and I realize that this is going to hurt and I'm going to have to push myself to finish. It's at that point I remember the things I don't like about running! But then I push on and there's parts of the run that feel good and remind me why I love it. Yesterday I was really tired though and really had to push myself the whole time to finish 3 miles. The last few times I've run outside my route has been 80% downhill. Yesterday there wasn't much downhill it all; mostly flat which is harder. I was going to run from the gym to the end of town and then back through the fields for a 3 mile run. After I turned around and was coming back I realized I needed to stay on the road and not run back through the fields. I was tired and afraid if I ran through the fields I would stop running. If I stayed on the road I wouldn't stop...I didn't want the cars driving by to see me walking. Pretty sad huh. My pride kept me running yesterday I guess you could say! But whatever it takes I guess. I ran the whole time and finished the 3 miles just under 30 mins. I went into the gym afterwards and just walked on the treadmill for a bit to cool down.

I really do love to run...but that doesn't mean there aren't times I hate it; aren't times I want to stop and never run again. The difference between now and 2 years ago is I know that if I finish I'll feel good. That I feel like I've accomplished something. Plus the big difference is I know I can do it now. I know I can. 2 years ago I couldn't even walk a mile. OK maybe I could but it took awhile. I know I couldn't run a mile that's for sure. Now I know I can...and that's what keeps me going when I want to stop. When I want to walk. When I want to give up. I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment